Monday, September 29, 2014

//spidey//

There is a baby spider that lives in my iHome. He is barely the size of a fruit fly, and he has constructed this bitty web in the two inch space between the iHome and my roommate's lamp. He must have been crashing here for a while; we didn't notice his presence until dust had settled on his web over time, revealing his position. Lo, and behold - baby spidey. In the midst of a remarkably spider-free summer, he doesn't seem to pose much of a threat. He likes to stroll upside-down on his web, and has a bad habit of not catching any food.

I put on some Shane & Shane this evening, and have been observing him for a while. His main stakeout is a hole for one of the screws underneath the speaker. When I bump his web a bit, he comes out to investigate, and then returns to the hole after his walkabout. I think if I were a baby spider, I would live in an iHome as well. The music probably sounds great from his living room.

I'm excited to be moving again. Part of me, though, is sad that I'll have to destroy the little dude's home. It isn't his fault the iHome's owner is moving. He just found a nice homestead, and staked his claim. To be fair, I hadn't posted a memo or anything, informing potential boarders that there was a strict "no spider roommates" policy. Li'l dude is getting evicted. Maybe he will run free, in the wild. Or maybe I'll squish him. If I actually post this, I'll probably feel obligated to set him loose outdoors. Like in Charlotte's Web, except the spider gets famous and is spared its life.

What a weird blog post. I guess I write about spiders sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment